Thursday, April 18, 2013

Check Out What We Learned About Rebecca York!



How would you describe yourself using only five words?

Creative, persistent, workaholic, unconventional, extraverted

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Starbucks Frappuccinos, shopping for clothing I don’t need, feeding raccoons on the front porch.

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

I like gristle better than meat.

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

Fear. I have deadlines to meet. If it’s not for a publisher, then it’s for one of my indie books.

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

I would recommend DARK MOON. It’s one of my werewolf books. I have a thing for werewolves. For me they’re the epitome of the sexy alpha male.

DARK MOON is a transitional book for me, bridging my Berkley Moon series and my Decorah Security series, which is published by Light Street Press.  Cole Marshall is near the age of werewolf bonding and fighting his attraction for Emma Richards.  When Decorah Security sends them on a mission to rescue kidnap victim, Karen Hopewell, they’re forced to play the role of lovers with nothing on their minds but enjoying the pleasures of the Windward, an ocean liner converted to a floating resort for the rich and kinky.  It’s owned by millionaire Bruno Del Conte who runs the ship like his private kingdom.  Cole and Emma are threatened by a mutiny in progress and also by Del Conte’s security chief who digs into their backgrounds to find out who they really are and why they’re on board.  As Cole and Emma try to rescue Karen, they struggle with the intensity of the personal relationship neither of them thought they wanted.

 

No comments: