Monday, April 29, 2013

Following Up On Sarah Cass



How would you describe yourself using only five words?

Author. Mother. Wife. Advocate. Dreamer.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

White Chocolate Kit Kats.  I horde & savor.

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

I have horrible podophobia.  I would spill all my secrets just to keep your nasty feet from touching me (this is true even of my own family. ~shudder~)

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

Music is always the ticket.  If I’m feeling iffy, I just put on appropriate music and let the words flow.

What inspired you to pick up the pen (or sit down at the computer) one day and create characters that capture the imagination?

I’ve always enjoyed writing.  My favorite class was English and I loved having writing assignments when my teacher would say I could do whatever I wanted.  I first got inspired to write, I think, when I stumbled into an RPG in a genre I liked.  Creating crazy story lines in the RPG really got my muse going.  It was a few years later, but it did eventually morph into actually writing my own original story lines.

What is the most glamorous thing you’ve done as an author?

Um…my laundry?  Took my kids to the doctor?  No, wait…those are every day things.  I can’t say that I’ve done anything particularly glamorous at this point. It’s all day-by-day.

What are you working on now? Can you tell us a little about it?

I have several irons in the fire at the moment.  I’m working on a genre-busting story called Into a Mirror Darkly. I don’t like giving too much away on that one, but it’s rather kick-ass, I just need to get writing.  I’m also editing Derailed, book 2, in my Dominion Falls Series (which started with Changing Tracks) – and rewriting book 4, Runaway Train, for submission.  That’s not to mention the horror short, PNR, and HWPNR, all of which are getting occasional attention. Oh, and I just finished a story set around the holidays that I’m shopping around the block.) 




No comments: