Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SHIBARI AUCTION HOUSE: LEAF by Sean Micahel



Book four in series
Changeling Press
January 31st, 2013
BIN#: 06193-01989
Contemporary M/M BDSM/Kink
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn (love2read28@gmail.com)
Obtained by Publisher


Leaf has always rescued his twin brother, River, each and every time he hears this “I am in trouble.  I need you Leaf.” But this time, well let’s just say this time Leaf is going to kill his brother every which way he can. Leaf finds himself taking his twin’s place in an auction that leaves Leaf trembling and sold for a week with a man who stirs something inside him, something even Leaf didn’t know existed. Can Leaf find a way to get out of this alive or did River do something to show Leaf his hidden desires?

I have got to admit, Sean Michael’s Shibari Auction House has by far surpassed itself with each story in the series so far. In this latest installment, we find a man who finds he is taking the place of his identical twin, in something he has no clue about and when he finds himself sold for one week for a staggering amount of money, well let’s just say that is when the real fun begins.

We meet Leaf and River in the beginning and frankly I really wanted to smack River around. His flakiness, his casual disregard to his twin’s feelings and more left a bad taste in my mouth. I was thrilled when he left he story to be honest because there was just something about Leaf that had me melting the moment he walked into River’s room and had the confusion bloom over him as River just walked all over him and then left him to fend for himself. This is an author who knows how to weave a story around a reader, to capture his characters in all their glory and vulnerabilities and deliver a story so enjoyable, so memorable, I was cursing when I turned the last page and saw there was no more Leaf and the sexy Dominant who won him. The sex is smoking hot, Leaf’s responses to everything this masterful man left me in a swoon.

Meet Leaf. His twin’s fixer-upper so to speak. When his twin calls saying he needs him, Leaf drops everything to go to him. What he finds is something much more than even Leaf bargains for. Leaf is a man who has hardly any experience, is eager to please and after everything, is determined to please the man who bought him. I love Leaf. He was an innocent into the world of bdsm and he finds he is intrigued by different aspects of it from James. I loved the banter between these two and found myself loving their dynamics together. Leaf’s innocent and eager responses to James’ dominance left me in a swoon. This is an author who knows how to create characters that sneak up on you and steal your heart when you are not looking.

This latest addiction into the Shibari Auction House series is one of pure pleasure and I am eager to see where this author will take the series next. If you enjoy a bit of a kink in your reading pleasure, then I highly recommend this series. Just remember to keep a bucket of ice or you significant other nearby to help cool you down.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement

*Not on amazon yet*


Shibari Auction House: Leaf

No comments: