Saturday, April 6, 2013

Taking Time With Afton Locke


How would you describe yourself using only five words?

 

creative, private, introspective, analytical, self-starter

(Eek, I sound like a resume!)


Do you have any guilty pleasures?

 

LOTS! I like chocolate, a glass of wine after a weekend day of writing, and I occasionally might glance at a picture or two of the Ellora’s Cavemen on Facebook.


Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

 

I could name a few. None that I want to tell, however. Okay, here’s one. My birth only cost $5. (My parents had great insurance.)


How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

 

Discipline because often I’m not in the mood at first. Music and sticking to a writing schedule help too.


If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

 

Plucking the Pearl because it’s the first book in my series and my best achievement at that time. It’s a meaty book with rich details a reader can really sink her teeth into. My current release, Rose, Exposed, is the sequel. Although it can stand alone, it will be more enjoyable if the previous book is read first.

 

 

Rose, Exposed

No comments: