Friday, April 5, 2013

Welcome Author Denyse Bridger and a Contest

Welcome to Love Romances & More Reviews Denysé. Comfortable? Let’s begin, shall we? Please tell us a little bit about yourself.


Canadian born and bred, I’ve been signed with over a dozen publishing houses in the past nine years. I’ve recently won the prestigious title of Best Author of 2012 from the Predators and Editors site. A best-selling author with several publishers now, I’ve been nominated for and won numerous awards. Never confined to one genre, I love to write in many and much to my last gratitude, I’ve garnered a loyal audience of readers over the past decade.


To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?
I’m working on several things at the moment, one of them is a novel that is one chapter away from being done, so I hope by the time readers are seeing this that it will have been submitted to Noble Romance. I have a new fantasy romance for New Dawning underway, my next print novel is only a couple of weeks away, and I have three projects in the works for Ellora’s Cave. All of this before I can settle in and begin serious work on my next fantasy novel. So, there are so many stories and so little time! I’ve also just had a novella contracted with Noble, this one is mega-sexy, and is called Champagne and Chocolate – it’s fun and hot!!

If we asked your muse to describe you using five words, what do you think they would say?
Scatter-brained, inventive, driven, dedicated, vulnerable.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Without a doubt it would be Italy, somewhere along the southern coast.

Could you tell us a couple of favorite books that inspired you to write?
My favourite novels are very diverse, like my writing styles. But, if I had to choose those that inspired me most it would be Gone With The Wind, ALL of the Sherlock Holmes stories, and Terry Brooks’ Sword of Shannara that began my love affair with fantasy stories. Lucy Monroe’s books inspire me to keep exploring the gentle and loving side of romance, and I hope one day I’ll be able to write a story that has the same magical quality that pervades her books.

If you could collaborate with one author who would it be?
That’s a tough one, at the moment it would be a toss-up between Lucy Monroe, Lori Foster, and Lara Adrian!! I love them all so much!

Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught?
I think they’re all capable of love, and understand it on some level, but in many cases they are fighting against it in sometimes unconscious ways that are counter-productive to their happiness. So, teaching them to trust is probably more accurate than teaching them to love, if that makes sense?

Do you have a book that was easiest to write or one that was the hardest?
The most difficult book I’ve written is the one I’m finishing now, honestly. It’s take years because I’ve left it many times when it stopped speaking to me for personal reasons.

Thanks for coming. Is there anything else you want to add? 

My very first Audio book was released last month from Eirelander Publishing, and it was a totally awesome experience to hear it.
Return To Love (Historical Western – erotic) http://www.amazon.com/Return-to-Love/dp/B00BJP4SQW/

Newsletter: Romance and Fantasy
Chat Loop: Denysé Bridger News
Sensual Treats Magazine: http://www.sensualtreats.webs.com


*~~*
Contest Information:
Please leave a comment along with your email address with in the comment box to be entered to win an e-copy of Reckless Assignation in whatever format the winner prefers, and a set of 7 laminated bookmarks. The contest closes on April 8th with the winner announced on April 9th in the comment section of this post. 




RECKLESS ASSIGNATION

Blurb: A haunted and abandoned hotel on Halloween is the setting for a very private party between two lovers, one of them a world-class, sophisticated intelligence operative who’s trying to teach his young and innocent lady that curiosity can sometimes take you places you’d be better not to go. Amid elaborate trappings meant to scare and entice, Rick’s seduction takes some unexpected but wickedly wonderful twists. But, Rick also has a lesson to learn, when his past collides with his present, and almost destroys everything he cherishes most.

2 comments:

Dania said...

Nice to meet you, Denyse! 'Reckless Assignation' sounds good. Hope I'm lucky enough to win it.

Jay
flowerchild@sky.com

CelticAmazon said...

Love the cover (sexy) and I have had this on my tbr wishlist since the first promo. I also love Lori Foster and Lucy Monroe.

Patricia
panthers.ravens@yahoo dot com