Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Buzz on Catherine Kean



How would you describe yourself using only five words?

Imaginative, bookish, introverted, fun-loving, and mischievous.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

I love watching TV series with my husband and teenage daughter. Once Upon a Time and Downtown Abbey are on our list right now.

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

I hate spiders. Hate, hate, hate them. Even the teeny tiny ones. I shiver in horror just typing this!

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

Usually I don’t have to do much! My characters are always talking to me in my head, and sometimes I can’t wait to sit down at my computer so I can write what they’re telling me. My alpha male heroes are usually talking the loudest. J No surprise there, right? J

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

I’d recommend A Knight’s Vengeance. It’s the first book of my Knight’s Series and also the first medieval I ever wrote. I have so many people tell me they loved that book, even readers who don’t normally pick up a romance novel. As a writer, that’s really thrilling to hear.



No comments: