Tuesday, April 2, 2013

We Catch Up With Leslie McKelvey



How would you describe yourself using only five words?

Obsessive compulsive pistol-packing mama

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

I enjoy looking at half-naked men with the excuse that I’m “researching my next book cover.”

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

I came in second place during sniper training, and I was the only woman.

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

It’s getting me OUT of the mood to write that’s the problem.  However, on those rare occasions where writing is difficult I’ll pick up a new book or a book I’ve already read, or open an old, unfinished manuscript.  That’s usually enough inspiration to get me started again.

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

Well, since Accidental Affair is my debut novel, they’ll have to start there, but not to worry.  My publisher has contracted two more manuscripts which should follow in short order, including a sequel to Accidental Affair titled Right Place, Right Time.


No comments: