Thursday, May 16, 2013

BOMBER’S MOON by Alex Beecroft

Under the Hill Series, Book One

Samhain Publishing
April 3rd, 2012
978-1-60928-724-5
Time Travel, Gay (M/M), Alternate Reality, Multicultural
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn (love2read282gmail.com)
Obtained by Publisher

 

When Ben Chaudhry wakes up in the middle of the night, he is thinking earthquake…until he runs out the door and finds himself staring at a site he only thinks are part of a dream-elves. These are fairy tales or so he thinks so when he reaches for the phone book to see if there is something or someone to help him, he finds a group many think are just whack jobs, the Paranormal Defense Agency.  What Ben gets is a group who need to be put in the insane asylum but when the hot leader, Chris Gatrell, believing in his story, Ben gets more than he realizes for Chris has had dealings with the elves before and with his mysterious past, Chris is a man who will protect Ben with his life or die trying.

Alex Beecroft’s intriguing BOMBER’S MOON is a story that took me a bit to get into. I had some issues on formatting when it was loaded up on my nook e-reader so that kept pulling me out of the story at times though it did open up just fine on my computer so I am thinking it was just the e-reader at fault and not the publisher. This is a story that had some intriguing parts though I got confused when it would go back and forth between the Fae world and the human world. It was hard to keep track of who was where & why/how they got there. Though after awhile it didn’t matter because I was just to involved with the story after a few chapters. I really wanted to know what would happen next, if Ben and Chris would get their own happily ever after and will they be able to keep the elves at bay.

The author does a great job in keeping the story flowing nicely, at an even pace and the lyrical storytelling was a joy to read once I finished reading the book on my computer. The characters are intriguing and I liked how this author blends the genres seamlessly together, creating a beginning of a story that will transport you. The settings are lush and magical, be it in the human world or the Fae world. This is an author who knows how to transform a story into a vivid, work of art.

Alex Beecroft is a talented storyteller who kept me intrigued about Under the Hill and the twists alone had me reaching for the next page. BOMBER’S MOON is the beginning of a two book story and I can say that the ending will leave you speechless. Though with a few issues that I resolved by changing the device to read this book on, BOMBER’S MOON delivers a delightful afternoon of reading. If you haven’t grabbed one of this author’s books before, I suggest you check them out. There is something for everyone to enjoy.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement

 

No comments: