Sunday, May 26, 2013

THE ANGEL by Tiffany Reisz



The Original Sinners Series, Book Two
Harlequin Mira
September 25th, 2012
978-0-7783-1399-1
Erotic Contemporary Fiction, BDSM/Kink
Paperback
Reviewed by Dawn (love2read28@gmail.com)
Obtained by Publisher

 

Nora Sutherlin has enjoyed being with her Master and long time lover, Soren again. As an infamous erotica author as well as a former dominatrix, Nora loves the world of bdsm. Until her lover tells her she needs to hide and to take their friend, beautiful, young & inexperienced Michael with her. There is trouble looming for Soren and he wants his love to be out of the fire. A nosy reporter with an ax to grind goes after whatever secrets Soren hides and as Nora tries to keep her mind away from the issues her Master/Lover is dealing with, she finds that love indeed hurts.

I have to say I never read book one, The Siren, but you don’t need to in order to read this one. THE ANGEL is one complex yet emotional ride from start to finish. Let me caution you, if you enjoy your books with vanilla sex or closed door sex then this is definitely one book you won’t enjoy. As it was, I had a hard time during a few of the more hardcore bdsm scenes to handle. There are other scenes that left me speechless at times as well. This is an author who isn’t afraid to cross the boundaries from the more sadistic aspects of bdsm to incest to much, much more. This is a story more about emotions than people. Secrets are revealed, characters grown, intrigue and capture the heart even as the reader is thrust in a world where some people need that extra kink in their life, to issues facing the Catholic Church and more. This is a hard review to write as I felt conflicted after finishing THE ANGEL. Author Tiffany Reisz is a talented author who delivers intriguing multi-faceted characters, with flaws and all, to her readers as well as emotional storylines that leave the reader breathless.

THE ANGEL is one of those stories where you either enjoy it or not. If you read book one then you may enjoy book two and for those who are like me and missed book one, well I think I am going back to read The Siren in order to understand some of the characters motivations and reasoning from THE ANGEL. This is a story of secrets and revelations, of people who find themselves faced with things that need to be addressed among many other things. The characters are wonderfully real, some more than others (Soren, Kingsley, Michael among others) and a few that left a bad taste in my mouth. There were parts of the book that I felt just didn’t fit with the storyline and that left me a bit confused. The sex in this story is plentiful and has moments of tenderness though at times, I felt all the sex Nora and the rest of the cast was having taken away from the emotional aspect of the story. There were a few times I just flipped the pages until it was done. I enjoyed it but still felt a bit off when the last page was turned and book closed. I am thinking of seeing if I read the first book then this one again that it may have things become a bit clearer. If you enjoy a major amount of kink to your stories, then you may enjoy THE ANGEL.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement

 

No comments: