Tuesday, May 14, 2013

We Check in on Kelli A. Wilkins

How would you describe yourself using only five words?
 

Busy romance and horror author.
 

Do you have any guilty pleasures?
 

Of course! I lounge around on the couch in front of the TV when I should be writing, or cleaning, or doing something else. I usually devote my Friday nights to being lazy.


Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.


I write all my books in longhand with pen and paper. After the rough draft is written, I revise the story as I type it, then go back and make more detailed edits.

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?


I block out a chunk of time and review my outline. Then I envision the scene I want to write and I just do it. My first draft is nowhere near perfect – I write it out just to get the scene on paper. When I go back and revise, I add dialog tags, sensory details, and fix up the word choices to make the scene come alive.

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

That depends on what genre they like to read. My romances include almost all genres, and the heat levels vary from mildly sensual to scorching hot.

Historical readers would love The Viking’s Witch. It’s a spicy historical novel set in Celtic Scotland. Or, if they like Gothic-style novellas, they could spend time with The Dark Lord.

Readers of fantasy would like either A Most Unusual Princess (mild heat level) and/or A Midsummer Night’s Delights (super sizzling-hot). (Both books spawned sequels!)

Contemporary romance readers can fall in love with the heroes from The Sexy Stranger, A Perfect Match, or Trust with Hearts.

Paranormal lovers would like Confessions of a Vampire’s Lover, or my paranormal/comedy, Beauty & the Bigfoot. (Yes, it’s a Bigfoot romance!)

And readers of M/M romances would like Four Days with Jack (contemporary) or Killer in Wolf’s Clothing (paranormal). I like to say I have romances for everyone!

Book summaries, excerpts, and reviews for all of my romances are on my site: www.KelliWilkins.com.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts with readers. I love getting feedback and comments about my books. Here are a few other places to learn more about me and my romances.

 

Where to find Kelli on the Web:






 

No comments: