Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Guest Author Viki Lyn

Welcome to Love Romances & More Reviews Viki Lyn. Comfortable? Let’s begin, shall we? 

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?
My current books are John’s Match, Perceived Love and Sins of Lust. All m/m romances. John’s Match is the third book in my Woodland Village series, Sins of Lust is a paranormal and Perceived Love a novella for the Finally Ever After series at Musa Publishing. I will have a free read with my characters from Lover’s Trill this Xmas at Musa. This year has been a slow one for me, and I won’t be having any new books come out within the next few months, but I foresee 2014 as being very productive. :)

How would you describe yourself using only five words? Impatient, curious, accepting, seeker, sloth

If we asked your muse to describe you using five words, what do you think they would say? Imaginative, self-critical, organized, undisciplined, stubborn

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? On the Northern Pacific coast in California. Pacific Grove would be my first choice. I love water features, even if it’s as simple as seeing my pool from my living room window. Since I live in the desert, that’s as close as I’ll come to an ocean!

How do you get yourself in the mood to write? Before I start a new writing project I have to clean my desk. Then I begin with writing the first two or three chapters. After that, I fill out a character information sheet which helps me get to know my characters better. I never used to do this, but it helps with consistency and I don’t have to go back and rewrite as much as I did in the past. I’m the type of writer that edits as I go. I can’t just crank out the first draft without making changes.

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why? I’d recommend Blue Skye if the reader prefers contemporary m/m romance. It’s the first book in my Woodland Village series and it’s a best friends fall in love story – which is one of my favorite themes. It also introduces the town of Woodland Village, a place where I’d love to visit. If the reader enjoys paranormal then Last Chance is a fun read – a Kresnik (vampire slayer) and vampire story with a twist. It’s not very ‘dark’ but it’s fun and fast paced and introduces the Hamilton brothers – sexy blue eyed slayers.

Is music a factor for you while you are writing? Do certain songs put you in the right frame of mind to write certain stories? Yes, I love writing to music. When I wrote Lover’s Trill, I played a lot of Vivaldi :) since it was set in Vienna and had a classical theme. When I wrote Sins of Lust, I listened to angst-inspired songs, Come Undone by Duran, Duran for one...my playlist is VERY eclectic.

Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught? Most of my characters are afraid and need to be taught that they can love and have a relationship despite their past. I usually have one of my characters wanting a relationship and willing to fight for it (Uri from Sins of Lust, Skye from Blue Skye, Antoine in The Tiger Within) and the other having to work at accepting love in his life and being okay with it. *grin*

Thanks for coming. Is there anything else you want to add? 

Thank you Dawn! Here are my links where you can find me:
http://www.vikilyn.com
http://www.vikilyn.com/blog
http://www.facebook.com/VikiLynRomance
http://www.twitter.com/VikiLynRomance



Here is a blurb from Ellora’s Cave: Sins of Lust:
Line/icons: Twilight/MM
ISBN: 9781419941573

Thou shall not kill.

For archangel Razi-el, he had no choice. He would break God’s commandment again if it were to save Uri-el from a demon’s talons. Yet even God’s most trusted archangel cannot avoid punishment. No longer Razi-el, he is now Izar, a Protector sworn to kill for the angels.

When a Protector kills an angel, Izar is summoned to work alongside Uri-el to capture the killer. Izar is shocked when his bloodlust spikes hot for the archangel. He knows better than to go after forbidden fruit. Refusing to give in to temptation, he ignores his body’s tempestuous arousal for Uri-el until a heated argument turns his blood into molten lust.

As they rush to find the killer, their passion plays into the demon’s plan. Izar will have to make a choice between life and death if he is to save Uri-el again.

Excerpt and buy link: http://www.ellorascave.com/sins-of-lust.html

Check out our reviews for Viki's books....

Blue Skye (Woodland Village Series)
Ryan's Harbor (Woodland Village Series)
Last Chance


1 comment:

Viki Lyn said...

Thank you Dawn for having me as your guest today!