Thursday, June 6, 2013

Starting the Summer with Rick Reed



How would you describe yourself using only five words?

Creative, impatient, impulsive, loving, introverted

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

For public sharing? No, none at all! Oh, you mean things like bad TV? I do have a weakness for courtroom reality TV—Judge Judy and Peoples Court are particular favorites.

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

I have an uneven number of boy parts.

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

Put Barry White on the stereo, spritz a bit of Shalimar into the air, burn some candles, make up the bed with black satin sheets…oh, wait. In the mood to write? Sit down at the computer, bring up Microsoft Word and my current work in progress and let myself sink into my imaginary world and the characters who people it.


If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

CAREGIVER. It’s probably my deepest, most emotional and heartfelt story and I think it portrays a very real journey from tragedy to real love.


 

No comments: