Friday, September 27, 2013

Meet Cate Masters today

Welcome to Love Romances & More Reviews, Cate Masters. Comfortable? Let’s begin, shall we? 

Please tell us a little bit about yourself.
Thanks so much for having me back, Dawn! Yes, I’m very comfy, thanks. :)

I’m your typical crazy writer. Conversations sometimes involve people that don’t exist, and worlds that no one’s ever visited – except me, in my head. Luckily, I have a very supportive hubby. We’ll celebrate 36 years of marriage in November!

To get us started, can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?

I’m so excited that this week, Decadent Publishing will release Claimed, the followup to Charmed and the last in the Vitruvian Man series.

Lined up for later this year are two 1NS contemporaries, Sweet Revenge and The Ex Factor. It’s always fun to write for the 1Night Stand series!

Another contemporary novella, Blue Moon Over Bliss Lake, should release around the holidays.

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
I go in my office and lock the door. With three grandboys, our household is hectic bordering on manic, lol. I keep notebooks handy so I can jot ideas or scenes when they hit me, and that gives me a good jumping-off point when I do get some quiet time. Ahhhh. :)

Is music a factor for you while you are writing? Do certain songs put you in the right frame of mind to write certain stories?
Absolutely. I don’t keep playlists, but songs often provide inspiration in one way or another. For this series, the song Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. I couldn’t get it out of my head, especially the line “I’d give up forever to touch you.” Wow. That could inspire at least a dozen stories! But I’d already done the angel-falling-in-love-with-a-human idea, and wanted an immortal who was a little different than most. A tortured alpha male with a secret. So Bruno di Cesare was born, and he absolutely fascinates me.

What is the strangest source of writing inspiration you’ve ever had?
The only time a book title has come to me first, it hit me as I was taking a shower, lol. Not so strange, really, except I have no idea why it popped into my head. But all of a sudden, ‘Death Is A Bitch’ was in my head, and after that, the image of Death began to flesh out. I hopped out of the shower fast, grabbed a notebook and started writing it.

Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught?
I love this question! Yes, they all have the ability, but because I love flawed characters, I like to make it a little difficult for them. I love the idea of redemption, and love it when two characters help each other find it, and find love along with it.

What can readers expect next from you?
Blue Moon Over Bliss Lake starts another series I’m very excited about. I’ve subbed the second, A Wedding at the Blue Moon Cafe, and have started the third. The series is related by title, but the characters are all unforgettable and really popped. I can’t wait to get them out to readers!

Thanks for coming. Is there anything else you want to add?
In October, I’ll be part of a few author events online and off, so watch my blog for those dates. And my historical novella, Betting It All, will tour the blogosphere in October too!
I’d love to connect with readers on any or all of these sites:
Blog: http://catemasters.blogspot.com Sign up for my newsletter through my blog!
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/CateMasters

Charmed by Cate Masters
Decadent Publishing

Blurb
Brought together by accident, bound by fate—and magic.  Love works its charm over Bruno DiCesare and Melina Weaver during his transformation from beast to man. But love likewise blinds them to the secrets each holds. Bruno thinks his secret will devastate Melina. Melina’s afraid Bruno will hate her for what she’s become. Neither guess the greatest danger lurks outside their door – and will force them to decide between love and life itself.

Available from
Decadent Publishing:





Book Video


Cate Masters has made beautiful central Pennsylvania her home, but she’ll always be a Jersey girl at heart. When not spending time with her dear hubby, she can be found in her lair, concocting a magical brew of contemporary, historical, and fantasy/paranormal stories with her cat Chairman Maiow and dog Lily as company. Look for her at http://catemasters.blogspot.com and in strange nooks and far-flung corners of the web.

Cate loves to hear from readers! Email her at: cate.masters@gmail.com

Love Romances & More Reviews for Cate Masters:




1 comment:

Cate Masters said...

Thanks again for having me as a guest today!