Sunday, December 1, 2013

THE CHRISTMAS WISH by Katy Regnery



Publisher:  Bouroughs Publishing Group
Date published:   October 2013
ISBN

Genre:   Romance
Format:  Ebook
Obtained via:  Publicist
Reviewed by name and email address:  Angie angie@angieonline.net
3 ½




Tess Branson learned at a young age that men only want one thing from her.  She has earned herself a reputation and the nickname “Fast Tess” but what she really wants is a real relationship – to fall and love and not lust.  Lucas Flynn hasn’t had an easy life either; he has gotten into his fair share of trouble.  He is currently on parole, and trying to straighten his life out.  He knows he should stay far away from Tess, but the girl with the reputation happens to be the nicest sweetest woman he has ever met.

THE CHRISTMAS WISH was my first introduction to Katy Regnery and her Hearts of Montana series, but it will not be my last.  This quick read made me laugh, cringe and shake my head in just 46 short pages.  The continuation of her full length novel, By Proxy stands well alone, but left me wanting to read the backstory and I have put added it to my “must read” list!

Tess and Lucas are both characters who are flawed.  Ms. Regnery has turned them from words on a paper to real life people who come alive.  She has almost made me want to spend Christmas in Montana, if only it wasn’t going to snow!  Stu’s Blue Moon Racoon Saloon, has become a place in my mind that only I would want to visit!  I have this vivid picture of a rundown saloon, that calls my name!  Only a great novel can leave readers want to visit an imaginary town…


This is an objective review and not an endorsement. 



No comments: