Friday, February 28, 2014

Ever After by Kim Harrison




Publisher: Harper Collins
Date published: 10/29/2013
ISBN: 9780061957925
Urban Fantasy
Print
Reviewed by Gabrielle

Obtained via publisher

Rating: 3.5 Hearts



I am a big fan of this author and this series. When I first came across Kim Harrison’s start to this series I was reluctant to read it but when I finally gave in I was hooked and could not figure out why I had taken so long to read it. Since that first book I have eagerly bought and devoured every book in this series and this latest one is no different.



I love Rachel Morgan and all the characters in this series (good and bad). So much is going on in this book from vampires, fairies, gargoyles and more it seems that everyone in the magical realm is involved in Rachel’s life somehow. Rachel must try to fix the damage done to the key lines or become a sacrifice herself. As Rachel fights to fix the damage she caused she must also fight for her very life. Throughout this series we have watched Rachel grow and learn as she lives. She makes friends and enemies along the way but she always stays true to herself. Rachel continues her journey in this book and if you have not read the previous ones you will be lost.


The demon Ku’ Sox is back again and causing Rachel problems. Many favorites are in this book as well including Al, Jenks and Ivy. I found myself immersed in the wondrous world and truly enjoying this read. I cannot wait to see what will happen in Rachel’s world next.



Fast paced and action packed this story does not disappoint. While I did miss seeing a few of the main characters like David and such I did enjoy this visit to Rachel’s world. I have come to love these characters as if they were family and hope that we get to visit them again sometime soon. I loved seeing more of Rachel and Trent together and hope that their relationship will end in happiness. The two deserve to find it even if they both do not see it.  Trent seems to be determined to marry Ellasbeth and sacrifice love. 


This story has it all; love, death, action and romance making it a good read that should not be missed.


This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.


 

No comments: