Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WINTER AT MUSTANG RIDGE by Jesse Hayworth



Sequel to Summer at Mustang Ridge
Signet Eclipse
February 4th, 2014
978-0-451-41915-6
Contemporary Romance
Paperback ARC
Reviewed by Dawn (love2read28@gmail.com)
Obtained by Publisher
4 Hearts


 
For Jenny Skye, coming home to Mustang Ridge was weird and also exciting. Grateful that her twin sister, Krista, kept the family ranch going, Jenny finds she doesn’t mind pitching in for a month so her sister can go have a much needed vacation. Jenny just never anticipated finding a stray dog, a hunky new vet and family issues coming to head. But what happens when Jenny finds herself torn in two when she falls for Nick Masterson and falls in love with the beauty that is Mustang Ridge?

I have to hand it to author Jesse Hayworth. She really knows how to make a story just pop for this reader. The second book in her Mustang Ridge series, Ms. Hayworth delivers a story of a woman who shakes off her hometown dust to become a world traveling videographer and loves it but Jenny Skye finds coming home can mean more than even she bargained with. The story of Nick and Jenny was full of sweet twists and turns, some fun moments and some really sexy ones as well. Ms. Hayworth weaves a spell around the reader as long winter night’s heat up for Jenny and Nick. I just love the dynamics of the characters. We get to see some new characters as well as some of my favorites from the first book, Summer at Mustang Ridge. You feel like you are coming home when you open this book and that, in my opinion, is the true power of this author’s storytelling. The writing is tight, story flows nicely and the characters are wonderfully diverse and well written. I do recommend reading the first book to get the full Mustang Ridge experience.

Meet Jenny Skye. She is a local girl who couldn’t wait to leave to explore the world around her. She comes home for a month in winter so her twin sister can get a break and to help out in any way she can. What she finds when she returns home is something much more than even she bargained for when she meets the new vet, Nick Masterson. Sparks fly between these two right from the moment and I got to admit, I loved them together. These two main characters had me smiling a lot while I was reading WINTER AT MUSTANG RIDGE. From Nick’s cat named Cheesepuff, which had me giggling at times to the dogs Rex and Roger that made me want to curl up next to one, Ms. Hayworth delivers a story about two people who find loving someone is not the end of something but the beginning of something so beautiful…that is if they just trust in their hearts to lead them. The cast of characters in this series is perfect and I loved the scenes where Jenny does the history of Mustang Ridge very much. It added some depth to the story and I was eager to know more.

WINTER AT MUSTANG RIDGE is a story that you can not just help falling in love with. Ms. Hayworth is fast becoming my go to person to read with heartfelt stories that steal your heart. Her latest is filled with heart and I, for one, can not wait for the next book to be released. I just hope I am not waiting a long time for my Mustang Ridge fix.

If you enjoy a heartfelt romance that has laughs, sighs and more, then you need to race to get WINTER AT MUSTANG RIDGE immediately. You won’t be disappointed!

This is an objective review and not an endorsement



No comments: