Saturday, November 15, 2014

Undead and Unwary by Mary Janice Davidson

 

Publisher: Penguin
Date published: October 2014
ISBN: 9780425263440
Paranormal

Print
Reviewed by Gabrielle


Once again readers are pulled in to the world of Betsy and her friends in this latest book of the series. So much is going on in Betsy’s world. As she tries to figure out how to run Hell, Betsy must also figure out just what is going on in her own life and that of her friends. I have enjoyed this series from the beginning and continue to do so with this book. We are still seeing Betsy grow and mature as she deals with all that life throws at her.



This story is full of the same humor and quirkiness of the other books. I found myself enjoying this book and laughing out loud at times. This book has more dialogue in it than earlier books bur that did not stop me from enjoying it just the same. I am happy to say that I was surprised by a few twists and feel that the author does a good job of keeping this series fresh.



Life is moving on and Betsy and her friends must grow up. Watching this happen makes for a good read. I truly enjoyed Betsy’s adventure in Hell. She is still a hoot and does what only Betsy can and would do. I loved the banter and the friendships throughout this story. This book gives us more of a look at the characters personalities.  From finding out things about her father to letting people go and fulfilling her promises this story gives us a look at Betsy growing up. This was an entertaining read and I cannot wait to see where Betsy finally ends up.




This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.


No comments: