Monday, January 18, 2016

The Garden Plot by Marty Wingate



Publisher:     Alibi
Published:     May 26, 2014
ISBN:       B00GL3Q176
Genre:      Cozy   
Format:    Ebook
Obtained via:  Publisher  
Reviewed by name and email address:  Gina  Ginalrmreviews@gmail.com

TWO HEARTS
 

In pursuit of a life long dream to be a master gardener in England Pru Parke finally packed her bags and moved.  She’s applied for positon after position but so far nothing has quite come her way.

Well, not exactly.  There is the dead body she finds while scoping out a Roman mosaic.  Despite not being too pleased about it, with little choice, she steps aside while the police begin their investigation.  Unable to help herself Pru starts digging for more than ancient artefacts—she’s on the trail of a killer.  And it’s not too long before the killer is after Pru.

The idea of a modern day cozy taking place in England and especially around those gorgeous English gardens was intriguing to me and I didn’t hesitate to pick up Marty Wingate’s THE GARDEN PLOT when I saw it for review.  While I did enjoy the “rejection” letters interspersed throughout the book it was for the most part a pretty dull read.  I never warmed up to Pru and her meddling in the crime scene just seemed by rote.  I didn’t care all that much about the victim and wasn’t drawn into looking for the killer myself.

Fans of English gardens will probably enjoy this book.  It just wasn’t my cup of tea.



This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

 

No comments: