Friday, September 23, 2016

SHADOWS ON THE MIRROR by Frances Fyfield



Publisher:    Witness Impulse
Published:     February 4, 2014 
ISBN:        B00DB3FPLC
Genre:       True Crime, Mystery
Format:     Ebook
Obtained via:  Publisher  
Reviewed by name and email address:  Gina  Ginalrmreviews@gmail.com

THREE HEARTS


Living two lives Sarah Fortune walks a fine line between that of successful lawyer by day and a sensuous mistress by night.  She doesn’t choose her lovers on money, but on a feeling that goes beyond.  Something goes awry when she meets Charles Tysall—a man who uses and abuses women and who becomes more depraved with each passing affair. 

The version of Frances Fyfield’s SHADOWS ON THE MIRROR was a reprint from a book that originally came out in 1992. More true crime than mystery, elements of the book are almost precursors to that BDSM book that was made into a movie.  (Sorry can’t think of the name of it, it didn’t appeal to me and I didn’t read it, but I’m sure readers of erotic fiction know which one I mean.)  I never warmed up to any of the characters although I did feel bad for Malcolm early on.  I thought Tysall was disgusting. 

I felt damp while reading it – the image of a dark and damp atmosphere came through.  It wasn’t a pleasant feeling.  The writing isn’t bad; it just wasn’t my cup of tea.


This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671701622/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=regatayl-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=0671701622&linkId=75a38f0bd37a4988d24a2d0363dad94c
 

No comments: