Tuesday, December 9, 2008

UNDERCOVERS (COLLECTION) by Ruth D. Kerce

Publisher Changeling Press
Date published August 2008
ISBN 978-1-59596-826-5
Erotic Romantic Suspense
E-book
Reviewed by Valerie

CLICK TO PURCHASE!
The titles in this collection were previously released as novellas and include Lady of the Night, Stripped to Serve, Illicit Behaviour and Guilty Pleasures.

Renee Atkin is on the run from a stalker who is out to kill her. While she was on duty, she killed the stalkers brother. She is often undercover as a streetwalker, in the world of whores and pimps. She gets into a romantic involvement with her partner, and though she is his superior, he demands control in the bedroom. Callie Grady left her husband when he wouldn’t take a desk job but she’s gotten involved with her sister and some seedy characters. Her husband wants her back and when Callie is in trouble he is there for her. Donna Grady, Callie’s sister is on the run from the mob. The man who has to protect her commands all her senses. These three dominant men fight for their woman and demand that they submit in the bedroom. Together, these three men, and an unforgettable feisty cat, fight to save their lives and their new found love.

Now, I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters. I enjoyed the suspense and the love scenes were hotter than hot!! Ruth D. Kerce fills her stories with a lot of emotion and characters the reader will care for. There was certainly lots of adventure that keeps the reader reading. Although the love scenes were smoking hot, for me personally, I found it a tad too much sometimes and a few scenes a little contrived. But this in no way distracted me from the overall story or stopped my enjoyment and I am sure that there are many, many readers who will really love it. I did enjoy the sexual tension and I especially liked the way this talented author gets into the head of her villain. I always find it interesting to see what the villain is thinking and the twisted way he feels that what he does is perfectly alright. It adds an edge and darkness to the story. This is a story I would recommend and I will certainly read more from this author.

2 comments:

Estella said...

Oooh, sounds steamy!

Caffey said...

Ah, adding to the wishlist!