Wednesday, December 9, 2009

BITTERSWEET by Maura Anderson

Publisher: Aspen Mountain Press
Date published: July 2009
ISBN: 978-1-60168-234-5
M/M Erotic Romance
E-bookReviewed by Tina Snyder
Obtained via publisher



CLICK TO PURCHASE!
Brandon may not be lucky in love, but he knows how to make tasty treats from chocolate. His chocolate represents the love and sex he’s given up on. Hired to make naughty treats for a bachelorette party, Brandon is intrigue, yet put off by the man who is sent to pick up the treats.

Serving as the man of honor for his best friends wedding, David is tasked with the duties of picking up the tempting treats for the party. When he learns the man who makes the luscious treats is gay he wants nothing more than to nibble on the owner.

David has his work cut out for him if he’s going to convince gay chocolatier Brandon that he is worthy of love. Brandon is stubborn, but David has faith in his ability to convince this hard-head otherwise.

I have to admit I really enjoyed BITTERSWEET. When I picked up the book I was ready for the same ole, same ole M/M romance, but I’m pleased Ms. Anderson surprised me.
Her creation of Brandon, a hero who felt he’d hit rock bottom in the love department was spot on. I was gripped by this character from the first page and wanted him to find love, so badly. His cockiness was, at times a little overboard, but as a reader I could sympathize with him.
Ms. Anderson’s secondary characters were a hoot and I enjoyed the female touch to the story.
David’s character was very compelling. He was funny, smart and not afraid of being rejected. Overall this story was a fun read and one I’d recommend if you like M/M romances.
I’ve added Ms. Anderson to my must read authors list!

THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF THIS BOOK. THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE UNBIASED REVIEW


No comments: