Monday, March 8, 2010

CRIMSON CAROUSEL BOOK 1: A TASTE OF TWILIGHT by Aubrey Ross

Publisher Ellora's Cave
Date published December 2009
ISBN 9781419924620
Paranormal/Vampire Romance/Ménage
E-book
Obtained via: Self-purchase
Reviewed by Dawn




CLICK TO PURCHASE!
Jessie Curtis is investigating a string of suicides and it leads her to a famous rock band the sexy lead singer, Rafe Steele who is also a vampire. Rafe is determined to not let Jesse know about his kind yet he can’t help but be attracted to the spunky woman. Can these two try to find a way to stop Rafe’s ancient enemy from destroying not just Jesse but also their love as well.

I have to admit, when I saw Aubrey Ross’s latest series coming out, I was very excited. After reading the back book blurb, I immediately had to grab it. Unfortunately whether my expectations were too high, or whatever the case might have been, this was a disappointing book to me. I couldn’t figure out why I should care about the characters at all. Jesse came off as an annoyance and Rafe was a bit too manipulative to my tastes. I normally love this author’s work but A TASTE OF TWILIGHT left me cold.

A TASTE OF TWILIGHT introduces the reader to a vampire rock band who has ancient enemies. Add in a lot of sex and too many plot twists to keep count, I felt I needed a score card to figure out who was who in this story, what they meant to Rafe and Jesse and why they had to keep having sex. The storyline sounded promising but lost steam midway through. This author normally astounds me with her complex characters and wonderful storylines but in A TASTE OF TWILIGHT was not the case. I don’t think I will get the other books in this series but look forward to other books by this author. I just hope they are a bit better than this one.



THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF THIS BOOK. THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE UNBIASED REVIEW

No comments: