Wednesday, March 17, 2010

THE P.I. CONTEST by C.J. Carmichael

Publisher: Harlequin Super Romance
Publication Date: February 2010
ISBN: 9780373716173
Contemporary Romance
Paperback
Obtained via: Publisher
Reviewed byPenny



When she found out her fiancĂ© was cheating on her and half of the precinct knew about it, Kate quit her job as a cop. Her friend, Lindsey has been trying to get her to come and work at her detective agency and Kate figures she would just take her up on the offer. But is she too late? Lindsay’s partner Nathan has offered the job to his friend Jay. One job, two applicants, Lindsey comes up with an idea. The first one to solve a case gets the job. Kate has experience from her time with the PD. Jay is a retired pilot for goodness sake! Easy-peasy right? What she didn’t count on is her growing attraction for her rival!

I really got a kick out of this book! I was laughing out loud more than once. The only part that really irritated me was that Jay didn’t come clean when he snitched a lead from Kate. Sure, he has some good instincts but I felt this took away from the good guy persona that author C.J. Carmichael was trying to portray.

Kate and Jay had chemistry from the very beginning that just kept growing and kept me enthralled throughout the book. Also, the contest was neck and neck throughout that kept me on my toes and wondering just who would win and be able to claim the job. I was pleasantly surprised by the turn of events that concluded the amusing ride that readers take with Kate and Jay. As with most Harlequin books, there is a lot packed into almost too few pages. I hope you will enjoy this book, too.



THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF THIS BOOK. THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE UNBIASED REVIEW

No comments: