Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A TALE OF TWO DEMON SLAYERS by Angie Fox

Book 3 in the Demon Slayers series
Publisher: Love Spell
Date published: January 2010
ISBN: 978-0505528278
Urban fantasy romance
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Valerie
Obtained by publisher


Before she learned she was a slayer, Lizzie was a pre-school teacher. Now, she has to deal with imps, demons and other bad guys who show up. Her boyfriend, Dimitri, a handsome, hunky griffin has invited her to his home in Greece to meet his family. What should be a time of rest and relaxation, not to mention, getting to know her drool-worthy boyfriend better, turns out to be madness and mayhem. Someone has made an evil version of Lizzie and she is out to kill her and her loved ones. But Lizzie has some aces up her sleeve, including her talking Jack Russell terrier, a gang of biker witches and a necromancer. Lizzie has to meet and fight her evil twin. Who will be the best demon slayer?

Unfortunately, this is the first book I read in this series, but it in no way spoiled the enjoyment. I will have to run and get the first two books as soon as possible. Now, where do I start? This was a funny, fantastic read and I was not happy when it was finished, I wanted more! I loved the characters. Lizzie is just coming into her own here and getting a handle on her powers. She is also getting into Dimitri and oh la la! Whatta hunk! I loved the biker witches, they are hilarious and I love Pirate, her Jack Russell. This story is full of comedy, some sensual romance and a lot of quirky action. This story will snare you and hold you captive until its last page. I really didn’t want to put it down, but I had to read it in two sittings. With a lot of smart dialogue, fast-paced action and a heroine and hero you can root for, this is a book you just have to read.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: