Tuesday, November 2, 2010

INDULGENCE IN DEATH by J. D. Robb

An In Death series book
Publisher: G. P. Putnam
Date published: November 2nd, 2010
ISBN: 978-0-399-15687-8
Romantic Suspense/Thriller
Hardcover
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained via Publisher


One murder in a town full of thousands of people is nothing rare but the way the limo driver was killed-by cross bow- makes it downright weird to Lt. Eve Dallas. Then bodies start piling up, one after another as the murder weapons become more exotic. Random kills, nothing to connect them together and it’s making Eve very angry. This time Eve has to figure out who the killers are and why because time is running out as they set their sights on Eve and it will be up to Eve and her friends to take them down.

INDULGENCE IN DEATH is one engrossing read. I never pass up a chance to read this author’s latest book and this was no exception. J. D. Robb is a talented author who really knows the world she created in this series and her characters that populate it. Eve, Roarke, Peabody, Summerset and more are like old friends now to me whenever I pick up an In Death book and the minute I open the cover, I am sucked into the story until I have to just finish the book to see what happens next. The characters are multi-dimensional and continue to grow with each book. Eve and Roarke are a perfect couple together and frankly, I wish I could be in their presence to watch their love and life flow seamlessly together. I have a soft spot for Roarke and his Irish accent. The writing is tight and the story flows seamlessly gathering steam as Eve figures out all the little clues and discovers who the killer(s) are and moves in for the final battle.

Eve Dallas is one of NYPD’s best of the best cops it has on the force. When a random murder drops in her lap, she has no clue why or what the motive is especially as the murder weapon is a cross bow. Then more bodies pop up with even more exotic murder weapons and Eve is racing to find out who is doing this because the killers have her in their sights as their final kill. Can Eve stop them in time? Eve is a wonderful character to read. She is determined, captivating and is one tough cookie. With each book, Eve continues to grow, evolve and it seems in each In Death book, we see another side of her that shines through in little increments, namely if it concerns her husband, the hunky Roarke or her friends. I love Eve and Roarke together. Since the beginning they have struck sparks and each time I read a book in the series, I fall for them all over again.

INDULGENCE IN DEATH is a story that will keep you entirely engrossed till the very end. The twists and turns will leave you breathless and eager to know what happens next. If you have never read one of these books, I highly recommend you do so ASAP! They are addicting, enthralling and very well written. Kudos to Ms. Robb for creating a series that continues to just get better with each book that comes out. I am eagerly awaiting more Eve Dallas adventures in the coming future. I just hope I don’t have to wait too long for it.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: