Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HOW NOT TO DATE AN ALIEN by Stephanie Burke

Publisher: Changeling Press
Date published: August 2010
ISBN: 978-1-60521-474-0
Paranormal, Sci-fi
E-book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE! Kilana just got divorced and after a night out with her two best friends to commemorate it, she wakes up with a silver-skinned, antenna wearing alien in her room….who is naked and sexy to boot. She knows she can’t be dreaming when he tells her he is there to hunt humans and she is his main course. Can Kilana find a way to get out of this predicament? Or will she enjoy the attention and pleasure this sexy alien brings her?

I was laughing hysterically when I first started this story from author Stephanie Burke. It’s a hot and sexy fun read that will leave you wishing your significant other was home for a “lunch” break. Author Stephanie Burke takes the reader on a fabulous ride in this latest novella about aliens coming to hunt on Earth. Unique and well written, Ms. Burke gives you shivers with her version of alien abduction stories and I have to admit, I now want to get an alien of my own.

Meet Kilana, a human woman who is celebrating her recent divorce with lots of alcohol and good friends. When she wakes up after getting home, she finds a glowing, antenna wearing alien in her room. She thinks he is a figment of her overactive imagination. Kilana is a BBW woman, one with curves and not a skinny model. She is the person we see every day in the mirror, on the bus or in a store. I loved this character and felt she related quite well to the reader. The alien Valan is unique and he had me giggling one minute then the next squirming in my seat. The characters were multi-dimensional and they came across as people you would love to meet. There were some wonderful secondary characters that had me laughing out loud with their quips as they kept the story flowing nicely.

HOW NOT TO DATE AN ALIEN is a fun, unique story that had me in stitches and panting from all the lustiness. I just hope one comes by my house for a little hunting action in the future. If you enjoy laughter to your books, then grab this hot little story to heat things up this winter. This was the first book I read from this author and it won’t be the last. Run to grab HOW NOT TO DATE AN ALIEN and settle back for one fun filled adventure.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of the book.

No comments: