Tuesday, March 8, 2011

HOW SWEET IT IS by Sophie Gunn

Publisher: Grand Central Publishing/Forever
Date Published: January 1st, 2011
ISBN: 978-0-446-56199-0
Contemporary Romance
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


Lizzie Bea Carpenter thought her life with her daughter was just fine. So what if there was no man charging in to sweep her off her feet? Who needed the romance? Well Lizzie is about to find out that her new neighbor, Dante “Tay” Giovanni has different ideas on that. Dante is determined to show Lizzie that love can be sweet. But the past has a way of holding up a future, unless one is willing to let go and embrace the changes waiting for them. Can these two stubborn people, find a way to listen to their hearts and see what love has to offer them?

I really enjoyed this sweet introduction to the Enemy Club. HOW SWEET IT IS was full of intriguing characters, a fast paced storyline, a few twists that had my jaw dropping and humor, to leave me smiling after the last page was read. Ms. Gunn delivers a great introduction into the world of the Enemy Club and the town of Galton, New York. This is a new to me author and one I hope to read more of in the future. She completely captivated me with her wonderful story of a cynical woman, who finds out how much sweeter love can be the second time around.

Meet Lizzie Bea Carpenter. She is a single mom who lost her belief that a white knight would sweep her off her feet. Nowadays, she is content with working as a waitress and raising her 14-year old daughter in the small town of Galton. This was a tough, independent woman determined to deal with what life threw at her…even if she longed for a man to fix up small items around the house. Dante “Tay” Giovanni is sexy and kind, a lethal combination in Lizzie’s mind. These two characters struck sparks from the first time the reader is introduced to them. Lizzie is full of sass and vinegar and Dante is pure charm in sexy jeans. The chemistry between these two is combustible and I was rooting for Lizzie to let Tay into her heart after the first few chapters. There were a few secondary characters that had me grinning and I would love to see more of them in the future books of the Enemy Club.

The debut book into the Enemy Club, HOW SWEET IT IS, is one I plan to read again. Ms. Gunn delivers laughs, romance and lots of heat packed within the pages. I loved the way the characters were well defined and had vulnerabilities, along with a few flaws. It made them more real to me and I found I could relate well with them. I am eager to see what is next in this series and hope I won’t have to wait long, for the next installment of the Enemy Club.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

1 comment:

pheromones for women said...

How sweet it is? its sounds interesting and I want to learn more about what is this all about.

isey