Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SEDUCED BY DESTINY by Kira Morgan

Publisher: Forever/Hachette Book Group
Date published: March 1st, 2011
ISBN: 978-0-446-54817-5
Historical Romance
Mass Market Paperback
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Publisher


Josselin Ancrum grew up hating the English and trained in combat so that one day she can avenge her mother’s death. Spying for her Scottish Queen leads Josselin to danger, mystery and a love not to be denied. Drew MacAdam is a mystery man; one who holds secrets that he is determined to keep hidden…until he spies Josselin. Besides his love of golf, Drew finds himself falling for the feisty Scottish beauty. Will Drew be able to tell Josselin his secrets before they tear them apart?

SEDUCED BY DESTINY is the first book by this author I have read and I found it interesting. The writing was tight, storyline flowed at a nice pace and the characters were multi-dimensional. What I found irritating at times was the constant “I am better then you at such & such” between Josselin and Drew. After the first few times of this, it got to be quite tedious and had me skimming those parts of the book. Otherwise I had no other issues with SEDUCED BY DESTINY.

Meet Josselin, she loves Scotland, her queen and her heroic deceased mother. Growing up with three uncles, she is taught utter loyalty to the crown and how to fight the English. I loved how this author makes Josselin a fighter instead of damsel in distress. She had spirit that made me root for her while reading the latest book from Ms. Morgan.

Drew MacAdams hated everything thing Scottish and war but falling for Josselin was a complication he wasn’t anticipating. Obsessed with the game of golf, Drew finds himself falling for the Scottish beauty but secrets come between them. I found the banter between Drew and Josselin fun, heated and totally enjoyable. You could feel the sparks fly whenever they crossed swords so to speak and I was rooting for them to get their own happily ever after. What intrigued me the most is that this author used the history of golf as part of the hero. I don’t think I ever saw it used in this way before. It made the story a bit richer and more unique, in my opinion.

SEDUCED BY DESTINY was an intriguing, enjoyable read that had me laughing at times over the dialogue between Josselin and Drew to sighing as they finally gave into their desires. Ms. Morgan is a “new to me” author who I am eager to see what she conjures up next. If you are looking for a lighthearted romp in 16th century Scotland, then grab SEDUCED BY DESTINY. It will deliver laughs, sighs and more within its pages.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

No comments: