Monday, October 17, 2011

TY HARD by L. E. Harner and Laura Harner

Book 1 in Willow Creek Ranch Series
Publisher: Hot Corner Press
Date published: July 25th, 2011
ISBN: 978-1-937252-04-5
ASIN: B005GRDWC0
Western MM
E-Book
Reviewed by Dawn
Obtained by Author


Tyler Hardin has a medical discharge and nowhere to go. Meeting up with his Navy buddy Gibby sounded like a plan but when he gets there, he finds sorrow as he finds the man he thought of as a surrogate father dead. Meeting ranch owner Cass Cartwright was something he never anticipated. Falling in love was not on either of their to-do list yet neither Cass nor Ty could hide their growing feelings for one another. Cass has his work cut out for him as he tries to help Ty heal from his past while showing him they have a future even as someone comes close to destroying all of what Cass built with a blink of an eye.

TY HARD is an emotional, sensual story that leaves you breathless until the very end. This was the first book by this author I have read and I found TY HARD to be full of complex and believable characters, a fast paced storyline with a few twists even I didn’t anticipate and some of the most sensual yet hot sex scenes to date. The author does a great job in letting the characters take over and tell the story. The relationship between Cass and Ty unfolds at a nice, easy pace, letting the reader in as we watch these two strong men find the peace and love they never anticipated ever having.

I have got to admit, I was hooked from the moment I opened the book and couldn’t put it down at all. The characters come alive with emotions as the story moved nicely and the few twists left me gasping in disbelief. My heart ached for both men as they slowly revealed their pasts to one another and then felt myself well up as their emotions were felt within the story. You really feel how these two strong men humbled themselves and became vulnerable to the one they love and this author really does a great job in creating the perfect setting for them to shine. The secondary characters are just as good and I was intrigued by some of them. I just hope we see them in future books.

TY HARD is more than a story of two people meet, fall in love and live happily ever after. It’s about letting go of the past in order to have the future you desire. Letting your heart open for love that will heal the hurts inside and let you find the person you can be. I loved meeting everyone at Willow Creek Ranch and I am anxiously awaiting more stories from this author set there.

If you are looking for a sweet yet hot story that will leave you on the edge of your seat, then try TY HARD and settle in for an afternoon of reading pleasure. I look forward to seeing where this new to me author will go in her career and can’t wait to see what she has in store next for her readers.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement of this book.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thank you for such a thoughtful review. It is gratifying to know others love Ty and Cass as much as I do. I can't wait to bring you Holden's story, plus stories from the many other residents of the Willow Springs Ranch!

Thanks, again,
Laura