Saturday, May 4, 2013

We Catch Up With Anna Marie May



How would you describe yourself using only five words?

Dreamer, chatty, book-worm, geek and chocoholic
                                                                          

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Depending on the mood, it is either nutella (raw, eaten with a spoon for a jar) or a good glass of wine


Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

Hm. This is a tough question. Actually, I don't know how to answer that. I keep thinking about how much I love reading and getting totally engrossed in stupid TV shows, but then again, this can't possibly be news since I'm a writer and I am kind of supposed to be a dreamer and fascinated with stories, right? I also love sports. Am very active, practically a swim nut. And if you put me in the mountains and let me loose, I probably won't come down the mountain until you present me with a good evening glass of something very alcoholic…


How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

I have my head in the clouds every day. I don’t need a mood. Writing is like a drug for me. If I don't get out what's currently bouncing around in my head, it quite literally hurts. I don't really need a mood for it to work, but I guess if I need to pin it down, then I find my best mood in crowds. I love writing in busy coffee shops, at lunch break at work…the more people around the better.


If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

Hm…tough choice again. Depending on what you're looking for, I've got either contemporary or fantasy to choose from. My personal fav is the Watchtower Series, so I guess from this point of view, I would say you should give Over the Rainbow a chance.



No comments: